This is the complete lesson plan with example standards from CCSS and the CA Visual and Performing Arts Framework.
Example rubric for assessing shadow puppet projects. Download a copy and revise to suit your needs.
A script resource for writing about environments & ecosystems
This is a Google Slides presentation useful for introducing the project.
Kennedy Center Lesson
The Kennedy Center has a great shadow puppet lesson on their site.
Students reflect on their understandings and process.
While shadow puppets can be used to retell existing stories, having students write their own scripts engages writing standards.
Script writing can use Freytag's Pyramid structure to develop the plot especially when shadow puppets use a narrative and not expository script.
- Rhythm activities
- Sky Tree
- K-8 Self Portrait Project
- Shadow Puppets
- Collaborative Elements of Visual Art
- Abstract Memory
- Visualizing Music
- Symbolic portraits
- Masks >
- Place Value Art
- Decimal/ fraction circle art
- Rhythm and Combinatorics
- Scientific Illustration
- Invasive species watercolor lesson
- Adobe Spark Video
- Shading and Drawing
- Artful Thinking Routines
- Music >
- CenterArts Study Guides
- Submission forms
- Forms/ handouts
- 2017-18 Presentations >
- 2016-17 Presentations >
- 2015-16 Presentations- powerpoints and keynotes >
- 2015 Summer >
- Technology-tablet resources >
- 2014-15 Presentations- powerpoints and keynotes >
- Sustainability plan
- Create Humboldt Information and Application
- Current News Blog
- Artists In Schools
- 2018-19 Teacher Application