- "There was a tornado and I was in a satellite seeing people having a good time."
- "Wild horses were prancing."
- "People partnering up. There were older and younger people."
- "The buildings were bad and had bruises but the people were singing to make it better."
- "A family inside a house was dancing."
- "A huge field with yellow flowers and grass with chairs and an audience with 8 girls dancing. They formed a heart and there were guys with guitars playing."
- "A group of old men with leathery faces and shirts with red stitching were riding horses."
Students at Alice Birney Elementary School are using their imagination and descriptive language. They have been practicing folklorico dance with Daniel Gomez. After dancing, students returned to the classroom to hear selections of music from Mexico. They were then asked to explain what they saw in their heads while listening to music. Several third graders shared the following:
What do you see when you listen the the music?